Sunday, January 25, 2009

Exercise 4 - Object I love and Object I hate - Justine Galea

Exercise 4
By Justine Galea

I love my Presidents Choice 4 in one Grill!

Affordances:

It's extremely easy to use and it heats up crazy fast. Also the grill surface is non stick so cooking chicken and fish is a breeze.  Another awesome aspect to my PC Grill is that the grill plates themselves are removable so they can be properly cleaned in the sink.

Constraint (Physical):

The only physical constraint is the size of the grill surface.  However it is still large enough to cook 4 chicken breasts, or 4 hamburger patties.

Visibility:

It's design speaks for it's actions.  There is a large handle that controls the contact of the grill, and 3 easy to read knobs for timer, temperature and griddle or grill option.

Mapping:

The design of my Griddler is simple and concise.  There is only what there needs to be, with 3 easy to use knobs, and simple grill plate release buttons, it is so very simple to use.  The only issue would be because of the handle being so close to the surface, it tends to get rather hot, but that is an understandable fault.


I absolutely HATE my Lancaster 2 Slice Toaster!

Affordances:

It was insanely cheap...only $10.00.  This is the only good aspect of the toaster, but also leads me to say "I got what I paid for".

Constraint (Physical):

It is a very small toaster only has two slots.  Lancaster claims you can toast a bagel in it, however, you cannot fit large bagels into the slot, and aren't those ones the best?

Visibility & Mapping:

I had to combine these two because there is only one knob for controlling the toaster.  A knob that isn't even labelled.  I still to this day, after six months of owning it cannot figure out the control.  Also the fact, that when I do leave it on a setting, the toasting is so inconsisitant, its either burnt to a crisp, or not toasted at all.  Lastly, something that is VERY visible with my toaster is the giant spark it sends upwards every time I pop up my toast.  One day it will start a fire...I know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment